Spicy Peanut Chicken Kabobs
A little sweet, a little sour, and a whole lot of flavor! These kabobs make a wonderful accompaniment to any party or get-together. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 3 tablespoons marinade for sauce. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add onion and chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Brush with reserved sauce before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 94 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Peannutty & Spicy Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty December/January 2007