Cold Chicken-Cheese Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 18 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Combine the salt, chili powder and pepper; rub into chicken cubes. Transfer to a large bowl; add vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Cool slightly. Alternately thread chicken, cheese and tomatoes onto wooden skewers. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 93 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 vegetable.
Aug 19, 2013
We've made this recipe several times over the last few years and have made some changes. We marinate the chicken for 5-6 hours. Next time we may marinate the tomatoes too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.