Cold Chicken-Cheese Kabobs
These appealing kabobs will add pizazz to any party—and you don't even have to get out the grill! —Sherine Gilmour, Brooklyn, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 18 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Combine the salt, chili powder and pepper; rub into chicken cubes. Transfer to a large bowl; add vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Cool slightly. Alternately thread chicken, cheese and tomatoes onto wooden skewers. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 115 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 19, 2013
We've made this recipe several times over the last few years and have made some changes. We marinate the chicken for 5-6 hours. Next time we may marinate the tomatoes too.