Easy Smoked Salmon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Place salmon, skin side down, in an 11x7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle with liquid smoke. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Drain and discard liquid. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until fish flakes easily with a fork. 35-45 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 ounces cooked salmon: 95 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 3, 2019
I have made this several times (it's become a New Year's Eve tradition) and it comes out perfect every time. I love the "smoked" flavor you get by using the liquid smoke. I serve it cold with crackers and herb cream cheese spreads. This is SO GOOD! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Dec 8, 2018
Is this meant to be served at room temperature as an Hors d'oeuvre? Would you serve it plain or with crackers?
Dec 15, 2010
I made this with flounder instead of salmon and it was amazing! This recipe is a keeper!
Dec 1, 2010
I've made this recipe many times, and it's so good. Reminds me of the packaged smoked salmon my Aunt in Seattle always sent to us for Christmas. Yummy!
Jul 5, 2010
I wasn't so big on the brown sugar and it could have uses some herbs...
Dec 28, 2007
I had been looking for a good salmon recipe and came across this one - never used liquid smoke, but was very pleased with this recipe, everyone just love it! It is definately a "keeper"!!