Easy Texas BBQ Brisket
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 4 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 fresh beef briskets (3-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With a fork or sharp knife, prick holes in briskets. Rub meat with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to . 325°Place briskets, fat sides up, in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 4 to 5 hours or until tender. Let stand in juices 15 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from pan juices; spoon over meat.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked beef with about 2 tablespoons juices: 456 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 66g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 14, 2018
I made this in my smoker and it turned out fabulous. Will be making regularly.
Feb 8, 2018
Fantastic flavor and super tender. I only made one brisket so I cut the rub ingredients in half. My brisket was kinda of thin so I started it at 325 for 2 hours, then 2 more hours at 300.
Aug 26, 2017
If this was a true Texas recipe, that brisket would be smoked and not put in the oven. When you cook it like that, its considered a roast.
Jul 16, 2015
Amazing recipe! Lots of flavor!
Sep 7, 2012
My family loved this! Even my 4 year old granddaughter!!
Jul 19, 2012
Jul 15, 2012
I modified the recipe by cooking it on a gas grill with indirect heat for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. My husband's comment was "this tastes like it's from a restaurant!" Mission accomplished.