Easy Texas BBQ Brisket
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 4 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 fresh beef briskets (3-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With a fork or sharp knife, prick holes in briskets. Rub meat with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to . 325°Place briskets, fat sides up, in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 4 to 5 hours or until tender. Let stand in juices 15 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Skim fat from pan juices; spoon over meat.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked beef with about 2 tablespoons juices: 456 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 66g protein.
Apr 14, 2018
I made this in my smoker and it turned out fabulous. Will be making regularly.
Feb 8, 2018
Fantastic flavor and super tender. I only made one brisket so I cut the rub ingredients in half. My brisket was kinda of thin so I started it at 325 for 2 hours, then 2 more hours at 300.
Aug 26, 2017
If this was a true Texas recipe, that brisket would be smoked and not put in the oven. When you cook it like that, its considered a roast.
Jul 16, 2015
Amazing recipe! Lots of flavor!
Sep 7, 2012
My family loved this! Even my 4 year old granddaughter!!
Jul 19, 2012
Jul 15, 2012
I modified the recipe by cooking it on a gas grill with indirect heat for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours. My husband's comment was "this tastes like it's from a restaurant!" Mission accomplished.