Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (10 ounces) grape jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil on all sides.
- Remove meatballs and drain. In the same skillet, combine chili sauce and jelly; cook and stir over medium heat until jelly has melted. Return meatballs to pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 71 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 29, 2019
You can get the same result by buying frozen bagged meatballs, place them in a slowcooker with the jelly and chilli sauce. Cover and let cook, I do it every SuperBall
Nov 3, 2018
Favorite appitizer/party food...delish
Dec 11, 2016
Great flavor and a great game time snack. I made as written except I kept them warm in a crockpot after browning and the sauce was complete.
May 1, 2016
Just finished making a batch of these- my family taste tested them- wow! Great recipe. I made my own chili sauce- and used half ground turkey half ground beef (that is what I had in the house). I WILL make these again. SUPER GOOD
Aug 2, 2015
I have made this recipe for an annual dinner our cemetery association supports. I doubled the ingredients, browning the meatballs in a large skillet, then putting them in a roaster/oven after they are browned. Then mix and heat up the jelly and chili sauce in the skillet as directed and pour the hot mixture over the meatballs. The roaster oven keeps them nice and warm for the dinner and there were no leftovers.
Dec 28, 2014
These are always good. The meatballs are excellent.....I usually bake them at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, make the sauce in a large saucepan and add the meatballs to simmer. Yummy!!!
Sep 17, 2014
Always a hit at parties. In a pinch, I've used frozen meatballs. You can change the meatballs and use ground pork, too. A good and easy recipe to make a crowd pleaser.
Jan 25, 2014
This is the only sauce I use for meat balls!! Small round ones for partis with fancy tooth picks on the side. Or med size ones for main course served over white rice!! The best..