Barbecued Beef Ribs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup plum preserves or preserves of choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place onion and water in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown ribs in batches. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker; discard cooking juices. Return ribs to slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on high 25-30 minutes or until ribs are nicely coated.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 359 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2018
This recipe is outstanding! I have tried many recipes for ribs and this one is at the top of my list!
Jun 12, 2010
This dish is my family's favorite, every time my grandmother comes to visit she asks me to make this dish.
Jun 26, 2009
Wow!!! I love short ribs. Haven't been able to find too many good recipes. This may not be right in my budget line right now but I'll make 'em anyway. HA
Jun 16, 2009