Smoked Salmon Spread
"We're empty nesters now, and I've been experimenting to downsize recipes," shares Judith Mason of Bismarck, North Dakota. "This is a favorite." You can mix together the tasty topper in just 5 minutes, then pop it in the fridge a few hours before snacktime.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Stir in the salmon, onion, horseradish and Liquid Smoke until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Spread in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.