Bacon Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 Kerrygold cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Stir in bacon. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 184 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 16, 2017
This spread was delicious. Onion taste came across very strong, maybe next time I will use half the amount. I like the taste of the sharp cheddar, gave it more of a bite. Will make again.
Oct 26, 2011
I made this for our housewarming and now I am asked to bring it to events over and over again! Everyone loves it!
Dec 23, 2010
This is very simple but very good. I tested it at the church ladies gift exchange and it got great reviews. I used about 2/3 of a small red onion and it was plenty. It seemed really strong (onion-wise) when I first mixed it up, but after the flavors had time to meld together it was great. I used light Mayo. Used precooked bacon strips - the only way to go. My husband wants me to make it again for the holidays, and he is not even a big onion fan. Must be the bacon:)