Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo dip is must-have dish at our annual Fourth of July backyard barbecue! It celebrates America's love for Buffalo chicken dipped in heaps of creamy, tangy blue cheese dressing. And the bacon? That's just a bonus! My kids aren't big fans of blue cheese, but its strong flavor can be mellowed out by adding more mild cheddar in its place. —Katie O'Keeffe, Derry, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- Celery sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer chicken to a large bowl; stir in sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup blue cheese, wing sauce, butter and pepper.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and crushed chips. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Top with green onions and bacon. Serve with celery sticks and chips.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 381 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Nov 25, 2019
One of the tastiest dips ever. But I have to say that I replaced the blue cheese for gruyere. Only because I find blue cheese quite overpowering, but if you enjoy it go ahead and make the recipe as is.