Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo dip is must-have dish at our annual Fourth of July backyard BBQ! It celebrates America's love for Buffalo chicken dipped in heaps of creamy, tangy blue cheese dressing. And the bacon? That's just an added bonus! My kids aren't big fans of blue cheese, but its strong flavor can be mellowed out by adding more mild cheddar in its place. —Katie O'Keeffe, Derry, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces each ) shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- Celery sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer chicken to a large bowl; stir in sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup blue cheese, wing sauce, butter and pepper.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and crushed chips. Bake 10-12 or until cheese is melted. Top with green onions and bacon. Serve with celery sticks and chips.