Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- Celery sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer chicken to a large bowl; stir in sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup blue cheese, wing sauce, butter and pepper.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and crushed chips. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Top with green onions and bacon. Serve with celery sticks and chips.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 381 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 19, 2020
Outstanding as a dip, but even better as a pasta sauce. I had half of the dip leftover after a small birthday celebration and the next day, on a whim, I added a little more wing sauce, and mixed it with some penne. We loved it. Both ways !
Nov 25, 2019
One of the tastiest dips ever. But I have to say that I replaced the blue cheese for gruyere. Only because I find blue cheese quite overpowering, but if you enjoy it go ahead and make the recipe as is.