Warm Broccoli Cheese Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 jars (8 ounces each) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine cheese sauce and soup. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in the broccoli, mushrooms and jalapeno. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables): 47 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 30, 2013
Nov 17, 2010
Not crazy for the cheese sauce & soup .Much prefer the tried & true broccoli cheese dip
Nov 16, 2010
Test tried this recipe. Broccoli dips are a favorite in our home, as are other broccoli dishes and salads. Loved the zip and zing from the hot peppers. Served it with crudite and cubed hearty bread( poumpernickel, dark peasnat nread, Jewish rye without seeds, and a good crusty sour dough bread. Would like to try variations on his recipe after giving it some thought about ingredients.Recommed the recipe for family events or gsathering, tailgating as well as church events, as a food gift when invited out or as a gift on a holiday with recipe & ingredients in a basket.
Dec 29, 2008
Replace mushrooms with 1/2 cup each of green onions and 1/4 cup yellow and red sweet pepper mixed. Great new taste sensation.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.