Cool Cucumber Dip
"You can whip up this creamy dip in your food processor in no time, then chill it 'til company comes," suggests Gail Rhoades of Denver, Colorado. "The garden-fresh flavor of the cucumber really complements the vegetable dippers. Be sure to warn your guests to save room for the main course!"
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Western salad dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Chill until serving. Serve with raw vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 110 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cool Cucumber Dip in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.