Warm Broccoli Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Assorted crackers
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave broccoli on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Drain well. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt and lemon-pepper until smooth. Add broccoli.
- In a small saucepan, saute the celery, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Before serving, microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-50 seconds or until warm, stirring once. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 93 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 5, 2016
Do yourself a favor and Double up on this recipe. Cause is going to be gone in a flash.I upped the Broccoli taste by adding more Broccoli. I also used fresh that I blanched for about 30 seconds or so. Prepared everything in the same skillet. Removed the celery, onions and mushrooms. Added the chopped Broccoli to heat through. Removed from the heat added the Cream cheese and mayonnaise Which I reduced by 1 Tablespoon. Stir till all is melted and blended. Right before serving I added a Generous Tablespoon of Toasted Pecans * This is a very dreamy Dip. This recipe will serve 4 . Can't wait to share this one with my friends and family.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Nov 4, 2016
This is just delicious, love the celery and the lemon pepper in this and this just couldn't be any easier.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.