Warm Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with vegetables.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 64 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Apr 20, 2015
This dish got great reviews from my guests. I used garlic powder instead of fresh, and added a little more cream cheese than called for.
Nov 10, 2010
PHE-NO-ME-NAL!!!!! First time making spinach dip and this recipe was OH so simple and it tasted GREAT!
Jan 21, 2009
I have had a similar dish to this, but I added 1 8oz. can of chopped water chestnuts-what a difference!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.