Santa Fe Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheeses and Alfredo sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Add the tomato mixture, spinach, lime juice and Cajun seasoning. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Dollop with sour cream. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 149 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 18, 2016
I'm not rating-just explaining cheese amounts. A package of shredded cheese that weighs 8 ounces fills a 2 cup measuring cup. Although there are 8 ounces in a liquid cup measure, 8 ounces in weight won't always yield the same cup measure. Eight ounces of shredded cheese equals 2 cups; four ounces of shredded cheese equals 1 cup
Nov 15, 2015
This is a great recipe made just as it is written. I have substituted regular cheddar cheese for the white cheddar in the past. This is a favorite for our office "goody day." For all the questions about the cheese; 4 oz. of SHREDDED cheese equals 1 cup of cheese. Read your bags of shredded cheese at the store. An 8 oz. bag of shredded equals 2 cups of cheese.
Nov 14, 2015
Cee-jay and Gtonic have a good question about the amount of cheeses. I'm thinking it must be 4 oz. (1/2 cup each - otherwise, it would be (including the cream cheese) 4 cups of cheese in this one dish. Doesn't seem right. But, I'd like an answer just the same. (I'll rate this as 5 stars since it's forcing me to and because the recipe sounds great.)
Nov 14, 2015
I would like a clarification to Gtonic's questions about the amount of cheese to use. Is it 1 cup or 1/2 cup?
Jul 11, 2015
I am confused for the 1 cup ingredients.. they have ( 4 ounces) next to the 1 cup. isn't 1 cup 8 oz? I am confused, is it 1/2 cup ( 4 oz) or 1 cup ( 8oz)
Nov 7, 2014
This is wonderful! I mixed the leftover with cooked pasta and baked it for an easy, decadent lunch.
Jan 7, 2013
Glad I gave this one a shot; it was a hit at our Christmas Eve get-together. I made another batch for Christmas Day, and then AGAIN for New Years. Pretty much followed the recipe to a tee, just added a bit of sour cream to the mixture itself instead of just on top since I wanted a thicker consistency. We loved this dip!
Jul 28, 2012
I have been scoping out cheddars santa fe recipes for a while and came across this one that looked a lot better than the other ones floating around the Internet. I was right - this tastes very similar to cheddars. it's definitely different with the tomatoes and whatnot, but you won't be disappointed. give this recipe a shot even though it has only one review :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.