Santa Fe Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cheeses and Alfredo sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Add the tomato mixture, spinach, lime juice and Cajun seasoning. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Dollop with sour cream. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 149 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 18, 2016
I'm not rating-just explaining cheese amounts. A package of shredded cheese that weighs 8 ounces fills a 2 cup measuring cup. Although there are 8 ounces in a liquid cup measure, 8 ounces in weight won't always yield the same cup measure. Eight ounces of shredded cheese equals 2 cups; four ounces of shredded cheese equals 1 cup
Nov 15, 2015
This is a great recipe made just as it is written. I have substituted regular cheddar cheese for the white cheddar in the past. This is a favorite for our office "goody day." For all the questions about the cheese; 4 oz. of SHREDDED cheese equals 1 cup of cheese. Read your bags of shredded cheese at the store. An 8 oz. bag of shredded equals 2 cups of cheese.
Nov 14, 2015
Cee-jay and Gtonic have a good question about the amount of cheeses. I'm thinking it must be 4 oz. (1/2 cup each - otherwise, it would be (including the cream cheese) 4 cups of cheese in this one dish. Doesn't seem right. But, I'd like an answer just the same. (I'll rate this as 5 stars since it's forcing me to and because the recipe sounds great.)
Nov 14, 2015
I would like a clarification to Gtonic's questions about the amount of cheese to use. Is it 1 cup or 1/2 cup?
Jul 11, 2015
I am confused for the 1 cup ingredients.. they have ( 4 ounces) next to the 1 cup. isn't 1 cup 8 oz? I am confused, is it 1/2 cup ( 4 oz) or 1 cup ( 8oz)
Nov 7, 2014
This is wonderful! I mixed the leftover with cooked pasta and baked it for an easy, decadent lunch.
Jan 7, 2013
Glad I gave this one a shot; it was a hit at our Christmas Eve get-together. I made another batch for Christmas Day, and then AGAIN for New Years. Pretty much followed the recipe to a tee, just added a bit of sour cream to the mixture itself instead of just on top since I wanted a thicker consistency. We loved this dip!
Jul 28, 2012
I have been scoping out cheddars santa fe recipes for a while and came across this one that looked a lot better than the other ones floating around the Internet. I was right - this tastes very similar to cheddars. it's definitely different with the tomatoes and whatnot, but you won't be disappointed. give this recipe a shot even though it has only one review :)