Classic Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until wilted; drain. Cool slightly and squeeze dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, onion and spinach. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 83 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 19, 2017
I also wilted the spinach on the stove. I don't normally like water chestnuts, but I chopped them very finely, and it was pretty good. I found it difficult to locate vegetable soup mix.
Jul 24, 2016
This was good but not the best spinach dip I have had. It was a tad bit sour. I might make this again but then again I might try another recipe for spinach dip.
Feb 9, 2012
I've been making this dip for years (same ingredients at least) and absolutely love it (especially on game day). To make it even easier, you can use frozen, chopped, spinach that you've thawed and drained.
Apr 6, 2010
Very good dip!I wilted the spinach stove-top, since I prefer not to nuke food.I served the dip with sliced red & yellow bell peppers, cucumbers and baby carrots. It made a beautifully colorful platter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.