Favorite Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Assorted reduced-fat melba toast or pita chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Add artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with melba toast or pita chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 71 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 2, 2016
I usually serve this as a vegetable dish with dinner when we have guests. It is always a success and the only way one of our close friends will eat spinach. He always has more than one helping. It is really one of our favorite side dishes and goes great with steak, salmon or roast beef or just about anything. The only low fat items I use are sour cream and neufatel cheese. I did add 1/2 cup each of green onion and celery cooked in 4 or 5 strips of bacon.
Dec 24, 2015
I've made this as written, and it's wonderful. Now when I make it, I sub greek yogurt for the sour cream and nobody can tell the difference. Sometimes I add a can of green chilies and/or jalapenos for a little kick.
Jan 11, 2015
I have been making this for a long time. It is a favorite.
Jan 3, 2015
Hardly noticed it was a healthy version! Makes a ton, so bring a hungry bunch!
Dec 12, 2013
The bowl is empty after every event I've taken this to. I bake it in the oven though, not the microwave.
Dec 1, 2013
I didn't use the lowfat version of anything. This recipe was very green tasting, not overpowered by cheese. I would have liked a creamier taste.
Nov 27, 2013
I made this for a company carry in. I also put it in over at 375 for about 20 min. It was gobbled up quickly.
Sep 22, 2013
I made this for a family dinner party, and they dubbed it "boomerang dip" because you keep coming back for more. haha! It is really good. I will definitely make it again.
Aug 4, 2013
I love, love, love this recipe! It's delicious as an appetizer with pita chips and then as a toast topper the next morning.
Jul 5, 2013
Very good! I put it in the oven for about 20 min. At 375 insteadt of putting it in the microwave. Just till it was a little brown on top and bubbling.