Hot Chipotle Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Lime
I make spinach and artichoke dip for party guests all the time, but I wanted to give it a Mexican twist. I amped up this app with smoky chipotle chilies and tangy lime for an unexpected kick. —Joseph A. Sciascia, San Mateo, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Optional accompaniments: baked pita chips, tortilla chips, sliced French bread baguette or assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; stir in next nine ingredients. Spoon into a deep-dish pie plate; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve as desired with pita or tortilla chips, baguette slices or crackers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 164 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 1, 2018
Nice twist on a traditional dip. The smokey chipotle peppers and lime add a great new twist to one of my favorite go-to dips. Served with tortilla chips and loved it.