Hot Chipotle Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Lime
I make spinach and artichoke dip for party guests all the time, but I wanted to give it a Mexican twist. I amped up this app with smoky chipotle chilies and tangy lime for an unexpected kick. —Joseph A. Sciascia, San Mateo, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Optional accompaniments: baked pita chips, tortilla chips, sliced French bread baguette or assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; stir in next nine ingredients. Spoon into a deep-dish pie plate; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve as desired with pita or tortilla chips, baguette slices or crackers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 164 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Hot Chipotle Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Lime in Taste of Home April/May 2018
May 1, 2018
Nice twist on a traditional dip. The smokey chipotle peppers and lime add a great new twist to one of my favorite go-to dips. Served with tortilla chips and loved it.