Creamy Swiss Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 cups diced Swiss cheese
- 2 unsliced round loaves (1 pound each) Italian or French bread
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, beat cream cheese and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in spinach and Swiss cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut a 4-in. circle in the center of one loaf of bread. Remove bread, leaving 1 in. at bottom of loaf. Cut removed bread and the second loaf into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Spoon hot spinach dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 115 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2015
When I make the creamy swiss spinach dip, everyone loves it & wants more of the dip. I put the dip in the crockpot to keep it warm & cube up a block of swiss cheese. My husband loves how easy this dip is to make.
Oct 17, 2011
I made this for some friends and everyone loved it. I placed the dip in the bread bowl, covered it in tinfoil and baked it for about 30 minutes. Delicious appetizer! Thanks so much for the recipe.
Sep 19, 2011
Def a crowd pleaser! SO incredibly easy to make & delicious!! This will be a staple at all of my gatherings!!
Mar 17, 2011
Easy to make...it was a big hit at our birthday dinner at work!
Nov 28, 2010
I add a can of artichoke hearts and my family loves it! Making this for a Christmas party next week!
Jul 2, 2010
One of my favorite appetizer recipes! It's so easy too.
Oct 12, 2008
I've made this recipe several times and each time everyone loves it! :)