Creamy Parmesan Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, crushed
- Place spinach and water in a Dutch oven; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in the cream, lemon peel, garlic and pepper flakes; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cheese and spinach; heat through. Sprinkle with croutons.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 275 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 1, 2015
This is such an easy and delicious recipe. I love the lemon flavor! I did not bother with the croutons and did not miss them at all. My toddler even loved this. I served with grilled chicken.
Apr 19, 2015
Fantastic! Will definitely be doing this again soon. I loved the hint of lemon flavor, really made this recipe a standout.
Oct 8, 2013
This recipe is delicious! My only complaint is that it doesn't make a lot once it's cooked. If you wanted to serve it at a nice dinner, you'd have to double or triple it, making it very expensive to buy all the ingredients. Also, if you don't have heavy whipping cream on hand, half-and-half works fine. ~ Theresa
Mar 26, 2012
This is very yummy. We love the crouton topping. Adds a special touch.
Jan 8, 2010
Dec 15, 2008
This was pretty tasty, but mine didn't turn out as creamy looking as the picture. Definitely worth a try!