Creamy Baked Spinach
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Stir in cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 164 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 12, 2011
This is sooo good!! We switch it up a bit and substitute 1 box of frozen chopped broccoli for one of the boxes of spinach. We also add a sprinkling of oregano for extra flavor. I usually skip the croutons to make this dish gluten-free for myself. It's just as good. Sometimes we just defrost the veggies in the oven as it cooks (on 325) with the butter and cream cheese and bake it until bubbly and golden on the edges.
Nov 21, 2010
This recipe has become a family tradition, I make it for all the holidays!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.