Creamy Salsa Dip
Spicy and slightly tangy, this special dip from Jerene Bennett of Seymour, Missouri gets its kick from hot pepper sauce and salsa.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa, pickle relish and pepper sauce until blended. Stir in the celery, onion and peppers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 42 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Good For You Nibblers in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.