Creamy Feta-Spinach Dip
Garlic and feta make a powerfully tasty pair in this addictive dip. I first tried it at a party and had to drag myself away from the bowl! —Elissa Armbruster, Medford, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh vegetables and/or sliced bread
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until yogurt has thickened to the consistency of whipped cream.
- Transfer yogurt to a food processor (discard liquid from bowl). Add the feta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the spinach, dill and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with vegetables and/or bread.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables or bread): 68 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Creamy Feta-Spinach Dip in Country Woman December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.