Catalina Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) spinach, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Combine remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 316 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 10, 2014
This is one of my favorite salads! Such a wonderful combination of ingredients!
Nov 10, 2010
We really enjoyed the crunchy texture of this salad. I chop the waterchestnuts and I use bacon pieces after I have trimmed all of the fat and chopped it before cooking. Great dressing.