Catalina Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) spinach, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Combine remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 316 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2014
This is one of my favorite salads! Such a wonderful combination of ingredients!
Nov 10, 2010
We really enjoyed the crunchy texture of this salad. I chop the waterchestnuts and I use bacon pieces after I have trimmed all of the fat and chopped it before cooking. Great dressing.