Pomegranate Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, almonds and pomegranate seeds. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 149 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 3, 2013
I make this quite often since it's my favorite winter salad! Sometimes I substitute 1 Tbl. of raspberry or tangerine flavored balsamic vinegar for one of the Tbl. of white vinegar...delicious!
Dec 26, 2009
This has become our family's favorite Christmas salad. We look forward to it every year!
Dec 12, 2009
made it 3times
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.