Spinach Almond Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 large tart apples, thinly sliced
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a blender, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 284 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 3, 2017
Seriously we were given this recipe about 5 years ago and it the BEST salad ever!!! And so easy to make! Yum!!
Jul 23, 2015
Great flavors and very easy to prepare.
Oct 15, 2010
Whole family loved this salad!!!
Sep 19, 2010
Very good! Made it 2 time within a week!!