Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Drizzle salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut salmon into 2 pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss spinach with remaining vinaigrette. Divide between 2 plates. Top with the salmon, avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels and cranberries.
Nutrition Facts1 salad: 265 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 25, 2019
This was very good in the summer when I didn’t want to heat up the kitchen- cooked the salmon in microwave. I used pepitas instead of walnuts. Very good!
Jan 5, 2013
Easy and Fast! I left off the walnuts, and it tasted great! I used the same quantity of salmon to make 4 dinner salads. Guests thought I was making dinner fancy.
May 30, 2010
Quick, easy, and delicious! The toasted walnuts and cranberries complement each other very well. Can't wait to make this one again.
May 29, 2010
I added green onions and used vinaigrette I had on hand. Delicious and definitely one that will be used often.
Apr 14, 2010
I had never had Salmon before. I was always hesistant to try it. I finally thought this looked like an easy enough recipe and so I tried it...It was easy and fast to prepare and delicious! I had decided because it was so low calorie I used 2- 5 oz pieces of Salmon per person...and I used a Raspberry Vinaigrette I had already on hand....Can't wait to have it again!
Apr 2, 2010
I rated it 3 stars - not 4
Apr 2, 2010
I would make it again, but add a bit more basamic dressing to the spinach
Mar 30, 2010
Great quick salad! I will definitely make it again.