- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Drizzle salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut salmon into 2 pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss spinach with remaining vinaigrette. Divide between 2 plates. Top with the salmon, avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels and cranberries.
1 salad: 265 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.