Hot Bacon Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 4 cups
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet. Add onion and saute until tender; remove from the heat. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, pimientos, mustard, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm over fresh spinach or mixed greens. Refrigerate leftovers and reheat before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 102 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 9, 2013
Great. Just like Mom's.
Sep 22, 2011
Wonderful flavor, easy to make...I did not use the pimentos, however and I used a whole pound of bacon. Served it over a variety of greens, but mainly baby spinach. Fresh blueberries, raspberries and thinly sliced red onions and chopped red cabbage. It made a terrific, beautiful, tasty salad!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.