Hot Bacon Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 4 cups
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet. Add onion and saute until tender; remove from the heat. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, pimientos, mustard, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm over fresh spinach or mixed greens. Refrigerate leftovers and reheat before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 102 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 9, 2013
Great. Just like Mom's.
Sep 22, 2011
Wonderful flavor, easy to make...I did not use the pimentos, however and I used a whole pound of bacon. Served it over a variety of greens, but mainly baby spinach. Fresh blueberries, raspberries and thinly sliced red onions and chopped red cabbage. It made a terrific, beautiful, tasty salad!