Smoked Salmon Canapes
"My boyfriend's mother gave me the idea for this classy appetizer that I serve for Sunday brunch and special occasions like New Year's Eve," says Tristin Crenshaw, Tucson, Arizona. "The textures are flavors of the dill, cream cheese and smoked salmon are scrumptious together." Spread on cocktail rye bread, it's sure to be the toast of your buffet!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 36 slices cocktail rye bread
- 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon or lox
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill. Spread on rye bread. Top with salmon and red onion. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 155 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Salmon Canapes in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.