Smoked Salmon Cherry Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Cut a thin slice off each tomato top; scoop out and discard pulp. Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Spoon into tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Insert a star tip into a pastry or plastic bag. Pipe a small amount of cream cheese mixture onto tomatoes. Garnish with dill.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2018
Great with fresh from your garden cherry tomatoes. It's a keeper.
Mar 31, 2013
This was delicious!! I wasn't sure how keen my kids would be on the lox separate from the cream cheese, so I combined the cream cheese with the lox/peppers/onion mix and then just filled the tomatoes with the result. I then topped with dill and voila! Everyone loved them, including my chef father-in-law. I had leftover filling, so I mixed in dill and refrigerated it overnight for bagels. Yum!
Dec 8, 2010
Yes I agree!
Dec 7, 2010
I use this recipe all the time.
Apr 2, 2009
I use this recipe all the time, It is a keeper.
Jan 8, 2009
I think this takes longer than 25 minutes if you're working alone. I would plan for at least an hour. They were a great hit though and taste great! Very creative.