Smoked Salmon Bites with Shallot Sauce
Tangy mayonnaise-Dijon sauce adds zip to flaky pastry and layers of crisp arugula, thinly sliced smoked salmon and nutty-flavored Asiago cheese. —Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4-1/2 ounces smoked salmon or lox, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; cut into 25 squares. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, grate one shallot and finely chop the other. In a small bowl, combine shallots, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar. While whisking, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Spoon a small amount of sauce onto each pastry; layer with arugula and salmon. Drizzle with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.