Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes3 servings (2/3 cup sauce)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 ounces smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In another bowl, mix cream cheese and goat cheese until blended; spread over tortillas. Top half side of each with the salmon, shallots and red pepper; fold over.
- Place quesadillas on a greased griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheeses are melted. Serve with sauce; top with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla with 3 tablespoons sauce: 453 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1118mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 26, 2014
These were surprisingly good! Sauce definitely made the recipe. I substituted queso fresco for the goat cheese.
Mar 21, 2014
The Taste of Home magazine where this was first published mentioned that the recipe is from the Lime Truck. I am a Southern California resident and have often sought out the Lime Truck to sample their delicious recipes. I was excited to try this recipe and it was delicious! My kids want me to make this every Friday in Lent.
Jun 3, 2012
Very different and delicious and the kids liked it too, although without the chipotle sauce (we gave them sour cream on top instead). Besides substituting roasted onion for the shallot I followed the recipe exactly (roasted red pepper in the oven, did not use canned). My only complaint is that with the chopping, mixing, and assembly required, the recipe did take a bit longer for me than what it states.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.