Salmon Stuffed Peppers
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 medium green, sweet yellow or red peppers
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillets or salmon steaks
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped or 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 to 3 medium jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup tartar sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Broil salmon 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard bones and skin. Flake fish with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the broth, leek, jalapenos, cilantro, Worcestershire sauce, tarragon, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the hot rice, tartar sauce and sour cream. Fold in salmon. Spoon into peppers. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender and filling is hot.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 394 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 11, 2013
Avoid this recipe. Horrible recipe. What a waste of money. Taste nothing but tartar sauce. Avoid this crappy recipe and save your money!
Aug 25, 2012
In the oven right now, had some of the stuffing left over so putin a oven dish and cooked it along with the peppers, boy is it tasty!!! I love this recipe as I was going to make the old stand by stuffed peppers with beef tonight but got a good buy on a nice piece of fresh salmon, googled salmon stuffed peppers and yours was the first one I got,,Great recipe,, Thanks for sharing
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.