- 6 medium green, sweet yellow or red peppers
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillets or salmon steaks
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped or 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 to 3 medium jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup tartar sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Broil salmon 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard bones and skin. Flake fish with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the broth, leek, jalapenos, cilantro, Worcestershire sauce, tarragon, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the hot rice, tartar sauce and sour cream. Fold in salmon. Spoon into peppers. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender and filling is hot.
1 each: 394 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.