Smoked Trout Cucumber Canapes
“Guests thought I had these elegant appetizers catered when I served them at my last party,” says Debora Ross of Hamilton, Ohio. Our Taste Testers loved the combination with its warm, creamy spread on cool, crunchy cucumber slices.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 ounces smoked trout or salmon fillets, flaked
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 24 cucumber slices (1/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the trout, cream cheese, onion, dill, lemon juice, horseradish and lemon peel. Spread over each cucumber slice. Refrigerate until serving.
Originally published as Smoked Trout Salad on Cucumber Slices in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007