Salmon Mousse Canapes
It’s so easy to top crunchy cucumber slices with a smooth and creamy salmon filling. Guests rave about the fun presentation, contrasting textures and refreshing flavor. —Barb Templin, Norwwood, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon or lox
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional snipped fresh dill
- Peel strips from cucumbers to create a decorative edge; cut cucumbers into 1/2-in. slices. Using a melon baller, remove a small amount of cucumber from the center, leaving the bottom intact.
- Place the cream cheese, salmon, milk, lemon pepper and dill in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into salmon mixture.
- Pipe or dollop mousse onto cucumber slices; garnish with dill. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Canapes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.