Greek Shrimp Canapes
I grew up by the ocean and then moved to a land-locked state. I wanted to show people in my area how to easily cook seafood, and this is the recipe I came up with. It's become a neighborhood favorite. —Amy Harris, Springville, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 65 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Greek seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients until blended. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large bowl. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining marinade in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high, 45 minutes. Drain shrimp, discarding marinade in bowl. Add shrimp to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until shrimp turn pink, about 20 minutes, stirring once; drain.
- Cut each cucumber into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Scoop out centers, leaving bottoms intact. Pipe cream cheese onto each cucumber slice; top with shrimp and parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 canape: 68 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Greek Shrimp Canapes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2019