Total TimePrep: 35 min. + marinating
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 medium mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium lime, quartered and sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add shrimp; boil for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water; transfer to a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lime juice, jalapeno, honey and jerk seasoning. Pour 3/4 cup marinade over shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Just before serving, drain and discard marinade from shrimp. On a large serving platter, layer with shrimp, mango, onion and lime. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 114 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 6, 2018
I took this appetizer to a party and it was gone in a flash.
Oct 13, 2013
Just made yesterday for our Jamaican party - everyone LOVED it. IT was the first thing to go. Light and flavorful. I would DEFINITELY make this again.
Dec 22, 2010
I've made this twice & both times I had to give the recipe out countless times. Every piece was gone. Super easy to make