Total TimePrep: 35 min. + marinating
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 medium mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium lime, quartered and sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add shrimp; boil for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water; transfer to a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lime juice, jalapeno, honey and jerk seasoning. Pour 3/4 cup marinade over shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Just before serving, drain and discard marinade from shrimp. On a large serving platter, layer with shrimp, mango, onion and lime. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 114 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
May 27, 2019
Brought to a dinner with a Jamaican theme - was a hit. Easy to make too! Definitely will make again.
Apr 6, 2018
I took this appetizer to a party and it was gone in a flash.
Oct 13, 2013
Just made yesterday for our Jamaican party - everyone LOVED it. IT was the first thing to go. Light and flavorful. I would DEFINITELY make this again.
Dec 22, 2010
I've made this twice & both times I had to give the recipe out countless times. Every piece was gone. Super easy to make