Coconut Curry Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 tablespoons coconut milk mixture until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the red pepper, onions and remaining coconut milk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add shrimp and cilantro; heat through. Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 256 calories, 13g fat (10g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 28, 2016
Delicious, easy to prepare, and beautiful! I used 1/2 lb. shrimp for the two of us, otherwise prepared the dish as directed. Next time I may increase the curry powder and sugar.
Jan 3, 2016
Very tasty for a quick and easy meal
Aug 30, 2014
Made exactly as stated & it was WONDERFUL!Thank you for another keeper!!
May 10, 2014
Did not have fish sauce or cilantro but still was delicious
Mar 29, 2014
Nice flavor! I used coconut oil to stir fry the shrimp and added some chopped tomato. Yum!