Shrimp and Cucumber Canapes
These cute stacks really stand out in a holiday appetizer buffet. Tasty, cool and crunchy, they come together in a snap. —Ashley Nochlin, Port St. Lucie, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 24 English cucumber slices
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- For cocktail sauce, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, onion, green pepper, celery and pepper sauce. In another bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining Creole seasoning.
- Spread or pipe cream cheese mixture onto cucumber slices. Top each with a shrimp and cocktail sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.