Cucumber Shrimp Appetizers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1 medium cucumber (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, shrimp, mayonnaise, onion, mustard and dill. Spoon onto cucumber slices. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 16 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 20, 2019
These are delicious! They were a huge hit at a recent party. I used frozen shrimp that I cooked and cut up. I never use canned shrimp. I completely dried the pineapple and used less than recommended. I love the idea of the cucumber slices instead of the usual crackers or breads.
Feb 7, 2017
The tiny shrimp had no taste of shrimp. One only tasted the pineapple. I had a guest and was very disappointed with the results.
Feb 4, 2017
I loved the lower carb idea of using cucumber slices. I did think the pineapple was not something that we would like to pair shrimp with, and used fresh steamed shrimp that I just cut up. The rest was a good combo.
Jan 24, 2017
I thought the canned shrimp less than tasty. However had two requests for the recipe and that got good reviews from others.
Jan 16, 2016
Cool, light and refreshing. Loved it as is.
Jan 22, 2013
Very good; quick and easy. Just drain the pineapple really well and pat dry to avoid a soupy topping.
Sep 1, 2011
Not a fan!
Aug 27, 2011
This is so quick and easy to make and it tastes delicious. It is definitely on my go to appetizer list. Used larger shrimp and just cut them up. No need to buy smaller shrimp special for this.
Jul 31, 2011
It was really tasty and refreshing. I used frozen salad shrimp which is much cheaper than canned shrimp and it worked just fine.
Jul 24, 2011
If I made this again I would only use half of the amount of pineapple, we thought it was too sweet.