Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme, basil, parsley flakes and dill weed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) white or rye bread
- 2 medium cucumbers, scored and thinly sliced
- Diced pimientos and additional dill weed
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, chives, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out circles from bread slices. Spread mayonnaise mixture over bread; top with cucumber slices. Garnish with pimientos and dill.
Nutrition Facts1 canape: 120 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 16, 2018
I thought the interesting blend of seasonings made these both delicious and original. Very good!
Dec 27, 2017
Grow up scgranny.
Nov 14, 2011
I have been making this for get togethers since it first appeared in the Taste of Home magazine years ago and it always gets rave reviews. Thanks for a great magazine and website!
Feb 16, 2011
I used cocktail rye bread slices, but everything else was the same. Absolutely delish!! This appetizer was a hit with everyone.
Sep 9, 2010
You say use a 2 1/2 inch cutter for the bread, yet the picture shows ONE cucumber slice covering the entire surface. A cucumber that big would not be delicious. I have not made this yet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.