Cucumber Party Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 30 slices cocktail rye or pumpernickel bread
- 60 thin cucumber slices
- Fresh dill sprigs and slivered red pearl onions, optional
- Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and dressing mix until blended; let stand 30 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on bread. Top with cucumber and, if desired, dill and red onion slivers. Cut diagonally in half if desired. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 whole open-faced sandwich: 53 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 25, 2014
This is a good, simple recipe. I used a small loaf of thinly sliced whole wheat bread because we didn't have any rye bread on hand. We all enjoyed these light, summery snacks.
Nov 23, 2013
Very good and easy to make. I didn't have dill sprigs or chive blossoms available, so I sprinkled a little dill weed AND paprika on top. Tasty and nice appearance.
Dec 26, 2012
I didnt have Italian dressing mix, so I used Kraft Italian red pepper dressing in place. Everyone loved the sandwiches, but also thought it would make a good dip for chips or pretzels.
Jul 2, 2011
I am new to cooking and entertaining. This recipe is really easy and everyone loves it.
Feb 23, 2010
I made these for our school art fair reception using the Outback pumpernickle bread instead of rye, and they were devoured by everyone. i was surprised that the teenagers loved these so much. A little extra time to make, but so worth it. Make the spread ahead to give time for flavors to meld.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.