Total TimePrep: 10 min. + draining
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- French salad dressing, optional
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Place seeds and pulp in a colander. Sprinkle with salt; drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, green pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; mix well. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons drained pulp. Spoon into cucumber shells; sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with French dressing if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 29, 2013
Sounds good. How do you serve this to an individual?
Jul 7, 2012
This was ok. I usually love cream cheese but thought it was a bit too much in this recipe. On the other hand, my husband who does not like cream cheese loved these cucumbers. Others liked them as well.
Feb 22, 2012
I made these one night when we had company. Wasn't long and I was getting a call for the recipe. A very tasty and refreshing way to use up your cucumbers.