Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, brown fish in butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, milk and cayenne; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with tomato, olives and pine nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon juice and pepper; drizzle over fish.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 279 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 22, 2015
Very tasty! The only changes I made were sliced olives instead of chopped, and omitted pine nuts simply because I didn't have them on hand. Easy recipe.
Oct 5, 2012
So yummy! My family loved it!
Apr 7, 2012
Apr 1, 2012
Wonderful combination of flavors. Even my son loved this
Mar 30, 2012
Takes a little more work than other tilapia recipes but well worth it!
Mar 28, 2012
Outstanding flavor, easy to make, everyone loved it!
Mar 26, 2012
don't usually cook fish---think this will change my mind!!!!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2012
I'm typically not a huge fan of fish, but this dish was very tasty. Both my husband and my son really enjoyed it and gave it a "thumbs up" which is our family rating system to make again.
Mar 24, 2012
Omitted pine nuts, because many people have severe reactions to them...their throat swells and breathing becomes difficult within minutes, so I never use them. Sunflower seed or slivered almonds are a better choice.
Mar 23, 2012
Since I don't like ripe olives:( I omitted them, but kept the rest of the recipe intact. YUM!!