Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 395 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 30, 2020
The flavors of this dish were excellent! Next time we're going to add tomatoes and artichoke hearts to add a little color and veg.
Jan 1, 2020
Delicious. I poured the shrimp and sauce over zoodles then added the cheese and Panko instead of bread crumbs, then put it all under the broiler. Will definitely make again.
Sep 22, 2019
Best recipe for shrimp! Excellent
Sep 12, 2019
This has become a “go to” recipe each Wednesday night for our family. To make it extra tasty, we double the sauce and add white wine, and do a pound and a half of shrimp to get more protein. Delicious!
Aug 28, 2019
So delicious. Made exactly as recipe states. It was amazing. The whole family loved it!
Aug 16, 2019
Me and my family just love this recipe and my son-in-law who worked in many fine restaurants said it is one of the best shrimp scampi recipes he has ever had. Delicious
Aug 8, 2019
Made accordingly to recipe. Loved it. Will make again!
Jul 5, 2019
I followed the recipe as written. I am not a big garlic fan, so only used two cloves.I sometimes use more shrimp. This recipe is definitely one of my favorites!
Jun 30, 2019
omg!! so delicious. it tasted better than any restaurant dish i have had. did everything as directed. only change added salt and crushed red pepper flakes and some white wine. we added the cooked pasta at the end and mixed everything together and it was beyond anything i have ever made. wow!!
Jun 30, 2019
Delicious. As someone else said "Classic shrimp scampi". I did deviate from the recipe at all except to add 1 extra clove of garlic. But my husband and I are garlic lives and 5 cloves would be a little much for most people.