Salmon Mousse Endive Leaves
I recently made this simple but elegant appetizer to rave reviews. This thick mousse has a lovely presentation well suited for special occasions.—Doreen Matthew, San Marcos, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon or lox
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 24 endive leaves
- Watercress and diced pimientos, optional
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Pipe or spoon about 1 tablespoon filling onto each endive leaf. Garnish with watercress and pimientos if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 45 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Mousse in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.