My husband, Chet, and I both love sport fishing—in fact, we even went fishing on our honeymoon! This tasty recipe is a favorite when we have leftover cooked salmon to use up. It's also great with canned salmon.—Lisa Royston, Wasilla, Alaska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canned or fully cooked salmon chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini and onion in butter until crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the salmon, peas, tomato, parsley and seasonings; heat through. Drain fettuccine; serve with salmon mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 344 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.