Tuscan Salmon Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 salmon fillet (10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute salmon and rosemary in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Add the beans, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain linguine; and transfer to a large bowl. Add salmon mixture; toss gently. Drizzle with remaining oil.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 863 calories, 51g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 41g protein.
Jul 18, 2012
I loved this dish. It made a fast and simple dinner with just garlic bread on the side.
Jul 10, 2012
Very good and nutritious. When I entered the recipe into a calorie-counting program (MyFitnessPal), it came out to 660 calories so it's not too, too far off. It's all that olive oil! I was shocked when I first calculated the calories in my homemade pesto sauce which also has a lot of olive oil.)
Jan 17, 2011
The nutritional information MUST be for the whole recipe not individual servings. It doesn't make any sense. Also, a 2 cup serving is a lot larger than the typical serving size. Any other thoughts out there?
Oct 20, 2009
51g of fat??? I don't think so!
Feb 23, 2009
We used frozen salmon filets from Aldi's and they are very economical. I could not find fresh Rosemary so I used Italian flat leafed parsley. I made the recipe gluten-free by using brown rice pasta. My whole family loved it...including my 8,5, and 2 year old kids! I have made this more than once and will make on a regular basis!
May 30, 2008
This would be a much more economical meal if you used canned wild salmon and could easily be expanded to feed a family.
May 30, 2008
I've made this a few times. LOVE it!
May 29, 2008
Is there any way this calorie count can be correct? 863 calories for a serving of pasta and salmon?!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.