Chicken with Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth, cream, parsley an tomatoes. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Arrange chicken over fettuccine; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 537 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 39g protein.
Jun 24, 2013
My family loves this and I do too because it's quick and easy. If I don't have fresh tomatoes I add a can of stewed or Italian tomatoes.
Apr 7, 2013
I made this for dinner last night, it was really good :o) I don't care for tomatoes so added broccoli instead. I also added a little lemon juice and white wine.
Dec 5, 2012
This is one of my favorite recipes. I love to make it in the summer when I have a ton of basil from the garden. I have a large family so I double it. Everyone raves about it. It's quick, easy and delicious. Taste like something you would get at a restaurant.
Apr 10, 2012
This was scrumptious! Added more tomato and basil and more cream to make it creamier. But the flavor was excellent. Restaurant quality dish.
Aug 7, 2010
What a great recipe! My whole family including teenage boys loved it!
Oct 28, 2009
This dish was awesome!! I made it for a weeknight dish, and it was a hit with adults and kids. It would be pretty enough to serve for guests.