Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, onion and mushrooms in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain fettuccine; stir in the soup, milk and reserved chicken mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 398 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 27, 2011
This was quick and easy. My husband liked it. I left the mushrooms out and added parmesan cheese to the pan and mixed it. Then topped it with more parmesan cheese.
Apr 20, 2010
This was a very simple recipe to make. My family enjoyed it and we would reccommend it again.
Jun 29, 2009
I had pleasure of making this dish Sunday. Both my husband and I enjyed it very much. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Debbie.Sincerely,