Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute chicken in reserved drippings until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, cream, sage and 1/4 cup cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and spinach is wilted. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet. Stir in the chicken and shrimp; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 483 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2017
Delicious recipe and the whole family loved it. I added a little extra sage and I replaced whipping cream with cream cheese and butter like another reviewer suggested. Also used dairy-free parmesan substitute. Will be making this again!
Mar 19, 2016
We all liked this dish. I used chicken and ground Italian turkey sausage. I only added 1/3 can of tomato and used part almond milk and whipping cream to cut back on some of the fat. I added some mushroom to make it a little bit more hearty. For added flavor, I added 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce. I paired this with a garden salad.
Feb 24, 2016
Made this last night and really enjoyed it. I used half and half in place of whipping cream, but otherwise I followed the recipe as written. We will be fixing it again.
Feb 21, 2016
Good recipe but when followed exactly it lacks flavor. It has potential and next time I would add more garlic, basil, and salt.
Feb 20, 2016
Loved it using another reviewer's idea of creamed cheese and butter instead of heavy cream.
Oct 17, 2015
I made this dish with 4 oz of cream cheese and two tablespoons of butter instead of heavy cream. Seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. I used everglades seasoning instead of sage. May need to add a little water if you make it this way. My new favorite dish!! YUM-O!!
Feb 14, 2015
Delicious! Made this for my "Sweetheart" for Valentine's Day and he loved it...we both did!
Feb 1, 2015
Really good. I doubled the recipe. I used olive oil to saut? the shrimp and fry the chicken. We tasted flavor in this because the canned tomatoes had spices with them. If not for that, I think it may have lacked flavor. Definitely high calorie.
Dec 29, 2014
This was really rich and yummy. I will admit I goofed and didn't get the shrip cooked when i picked them up. I just cooked them at home with salt an pepper. It was fine that way, but I think having them steamed at the store with ole bay or some other kind of seasoning will give this another layer of flavor. I also did add a bit of salt and pepper to the sauce it brought out the flavor of the tomato's . I liked the fact it went together quickly. I'm always looking for recipes that are like that especially when i have to work late
Dec 14, 2014
This was delicious. I served dish with angel hair pasta & doubled the sauce per another reviewer. Everyone liked this dish very much. Served garlic toast & salad with meal.